Inclement weather & REFUND POLICY
As a result of the pre-planning that is required for training, CP Lacrosse, LLC does not issue refunds. However, “CP Bucks” (a CP Lacrosse training/clinic/camp/festival credit) for a future CP Lacrosse training/clinic/camp may be given if there is a valid medical reason or family emergency. Please carefully consider when registering and paying for an event. All training decisions are final.
Emergency Refund Policy
- Write a detailed E-Mail to email@example.com explaining why the player was unable to participate.
- If player is unable to participate due to a physical injury, please attach a valid medical document to the E-Mail. Please give CP Lacrosse, LLC 15 business days to review the request and reply via E-Mail.
- Refunds will not be issued for partial attendance and discounts cannot retroactively be applied to a registration. Group registration must be completed within a week of the agreed upon date.
- CP Lacrosse reserves the right to cancel, shorten, or reschedule Training/Clinic/Camp/Festival due to inclement weather, poor field conditions, or player and fan safety concerns. No refunds will be granted if these actions are necessary.
- No credit/refund is offered for Event No-Shows. Cash refunds are not available.
- All players must be registered with their waivers signed by tournament start date
- Due to restrictions, each team will be allowed one (1) adult representative at check-in.
- All attendees must wear a CDC approved mask at all times and remain 6 or more feet apart from each other.
- If a team must cancel their registration a refund will be issued less a $25 cancellation fee. If the cancellation is within 10 days or less of the event, no refunds will be issued.
Cancelation Policy Due to Inclement Weather
- The tournament has fixed expenses relating to the field rental and facilities, staging and set-up costs, insurance, personnel and other matters regardless of cancellation due to weather. Accordingly, participants will not receive a refund of the entry fee if the tournament is canceled.
- Inclement Weather is out of the control of the festival directors and officials. In the event of thunder and/or lightning, all games will be suspended for no less than 20 minutes. Games will resume, in real time, at least 30 minutes after the last occurrence of thunder or lightning. Canceled games may not be rescheduled. If weather disrupts scheduled games, the tournament director will make every effort (and possesses the sole authority) to adjust the schedule as needed, including shortening games, adjusting the schedule, etc.It is up to the tournament director and officials to decide if the field and weather conditions are suitable for games to resume. All decisions are final.
- Park advisors, not tournament organizers, have final say on whether the tournament will take place due to weather conditions.
- There are no exceptions to the refund policy. Please be advised that there are no rain dates.
- A horn will sound three short blasts to indicate the need for all participants to evacuate the playing fields and return to their vehicles for approximately 30 minutes from when the last lightning or other hazardous condition is detected
Tents and equipment can be left at the fields until the storm delay is completed.
Once the storm clears, five short horn blasts will denote 15 minutes until resumption of play;
If the evacuation occurs during the first half of a game, the teams will return to play the second half of the game and the entire schedule will be delayed by the duration of the delay
If the evacuation occurs during the second half of a game, that game may be terminated and the score at the time that play was suspended will be the final score; the next round of games will be played when play resumes and the remaining schedule will be played on a delayed basis in its entirety.
No refunds will be issued for games that are cancelled for unforeseen reasons related to unsafe playing conditions
Messages Regarding Weather
- All communications will take place via the SPORTid app, LeagueApps, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. No other sources will provide playing or field updates. Updates will also be given through e-mail to team directors.
In the event of RAIN:
- In the event of rain, play will continue unless halted by the directors OR if the fields become so wet as to present a serious potential of injury to players or of lasting damage to the fields. The festival directors reserve the right to reschedule games in event a field becomes unplayable due to excessive standing water or deterioration.
In the event of LIGHTNING:
- In the event of lightning, the fields must be cleared.
- Upon the suspension of play, teams MUST take shelter in their vehicles – do not leave the site and do not go to the tournament tent or gazebos for shelter.
- Play will be suspended for no less than 20 minutes after the last lightning strike is detected.
- Detecting of lightning will include, but not be limited to, the lightning prediction and and warning systems at each invidivual park, visual confirmation by directors, referees or coaches. Three long air blasts from the field directors can also signal for all participants to leave the field and go to their cars.
- If the lightning alert system at each individual park sounds with a single horn, all players, personnel and parents must follow the above procedures Individuals cannot be outside and may be asked to leave the field by the directors.
- When a probability of lightning is detected all fields MUST be cleared. When a threat is no longer detected, the horn will sound three short blasts. It is then safe to return to the fields and resume play.
- As soon as the horn sounds all games will be immediately stopped. Players, officials and spectators must leave the fields and seek a shelter for the duration of the threat in their cars due to limited shelter. We are not responsible for your safety.
Tournament Refund Policy
Refund before a tournament begins:
Team deposits are non-refundable. Cancellation of a team will result in forfeiture of that deposit and all registration fees paid to date. In the event the tournament is cancelled prior to the tournament start date, teams will receive 100% credit of all fees paid, available to be used at a Casey Powell Lacrosse event. The only way to secure your team’s placement in the tournament is to complete the online registration process and submit the full tournament payment. Failure to meet any payment due dates will constitute non-acceptance of the tournament invitation, and a forfeiture of the tournament spot, which will be offered to another team. Team rosters must be submitted and all players must be registered by the deadline given on the website. Team divisions may not be changed unless brought to the attention of Casey Powell Lacrosse at least three months prior to the tournament start date.